My twin chick tractors...

tmb3fan

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Central Mississippi
13602_img_9218.jpg

These are 6 x 12 with about a 30 inch by 6 ft coop on the back. In one, I have 5 Buff Orpingtons (15 weeks) and the other has 7 EE's (11 weeks) and 4 guineas (5 weeks). I hope to build another pen for the guineas this weekend as one of them is causing problems for one of the chickens.

Total cost for the 2 was about $450. The chicken wire extends about a foot to 18 inches onto the ground to keep critters from digging under. I use clothes pins to clip the wire up when I move them. The solid rubber tires came from Harbor Freight. We already had the double bubble foil from insulating our shop. It really has been keeping them cool on these hot summer days (100 degrees).

I still have to build the nesting boxes inside, but I have a little more time. I put some temporary branches inside for roosts until I get something better built.

They have been in them now for about 4 weeks and moved once a week. I think they are going to start getting moved twice a week real soon.

One other addition that I plan to make this weekend is a board across the center, under the foil area, to set the food, water, and attach the ladder to. This way everything will move with the tractor, which is one reason they have only been moved once a week.

Just wanted to show them off since people are always looking for ideas.

Thanks,
Teri

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else....these are great! I'd love to see some pictures of the inside of the coop part.

Wow, how wonderful!
clap.gif

I'm with PAchickenchick. I'd like to see the inside set up.

I have several more tractors I want to build and am always looking at how neat everyone has them built!

Back
Top Bottom