My very first coop is done!

kplchicken

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 26, 2007
Our family finished our coop this weekend and our girls are so happy. We have three, four week-old chickens- they don't know what to do with all of the room. I am so happy I can hardly stand it!

I want to pose photos but don't know how to attach them. Any tips?

Upload your photos to PhotoBucket then paste the tag [IMG] here. This will display your photos.

Can't wait to see the coop!! [IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/img/smilies/big_smile.png

www.photobucket.com

You'll have to create an account.
Really, it's pretty simple to figure out.
smile.png

Somehow the wrong photos are posting. Strange. Anyway- here a a couple more that acutually show another angle.

DSC07730.jpg

DSC07718.jpg

I'm so glad my girls are out in their new coop -- they'd be so jealous when they saw all the space yours have! Mine are in a 4 x 8 building, that sits on top of their 4 x 8 run. And I have 12 chicks, between 7 and 11 weeks old. Oy! Your ladies are lucky -- I like your coop.

It was light enough to move elsewhere? And the cement blocks are predator deterrents, right? the coop rests on the ground, not on top of blocks, right?

very cute. thanks for sharing.

sioux

It certainly can be moved but it isn't what I would call light. It took several adults to move it but it can be moved. I may increase to 4 but we live in the city and for several reasons- we don't want to have too many more. These are our first ever chickens. Their coop is basically 4x8. It rests on the ground and yes- the blocks are to deter my dog from trying to dig under it. Do you have any suggestions of how to get dogs used to chickens? Is there any hope at all?
thanks

I'm new here! Trying to build our first coop. We want to get a few Bantam chickens. Can you tell me where you can get a BIG roll of the chicken wire? To me all I see online is the smaller stuff. I guess you have to "hook" it together if you use that though.
HELP!
THANKS

Back
Top Bottom