My very first egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MandiRock, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MandiRock

MandiRock Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2011
    Central Mississippi
    I got my very first egg this morning! I suspect it is from one of my Barred Rocks, as my White Rocks don't seem to be quite as developed. They are almost 21 weeks now.

[​IMG]

I'm extremely proud of my tiny little egg :) Does this mean she should start laying regularly?

2. EncinoMan

EncinoMan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Encino
    I'd expect so...each of my birds have laid quite regularly after their first egg. My RIR and White Leghorn each lay six or seven eggs a week, and my EE normally produces five.

Congrats on the egg, it's a great feeling to find the first one!

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats! [​IMG]

4. tiny529

tiny529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Yay! Congrats! My girls have been laying regularly ever since their 1st egg. I usually get 4-6 eggs per girls per week, though I don't have any Plymouth Rocks (yet... Got some whites coming in the spring!)

5. Campesina

Campesina Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Whoot whoot!!
    Congratulations !!

6. K-12 Chickens

K-12 Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Michigan
    When all of my hens started laying some would lay the next day after their first egg and others wouldn't. I think it just depends on the hen. The first day my (deceased) Ameraucana layed an egg, it was a double yolker and very torpedo shaped. [​IMG]Congrats on your first egg!! [​IMG]

7. ThomsonCentennialFarm

ThomsonCentennialFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    I'm still waiting for my first eggs from my pullets. They're 22 weeks now. Any day ladies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by