My very first sweet baby silky hatched out today

aprillbailey

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2023
My very first Silkie baby hatched today last night actually and I'm so excited although I have several incubators full of eggs that incubator that the baby has been has about 50 eggs in it most from my own silkies but I candled them and I think they're only three that have babies in them and there are a couple in there that I actually got from ordering when I ordered mixed batches and the two that I saw clearly had babies and we're ready to come out so they're on lockdown but it's kind of a late lockdown

IMG_20230130_181458_01.jpg IMG_20230130_193749_01.jpg 20230129_214355.jpg 20230129_203236.jpg 20230129_214355.jpg IMG_20230130_181458_01.jpg
IMG_20230130_181458_01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230130_193749_01(1).jpg
    IMG_20230130_193749_01(1).jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 3
Oh no he's all the way out he's actually sitting on a paper towel right now and that well in that picture right now he's running around like a crazy little thing everything I read said they'll be lethargic for a day or two after they had and it wasn't easy got a hole through and it was more than 24 hours later than he actually got out and then he was moving and just working at it the whole time I kept giving him tiny little droplets of water with electrolytes in it to help him keep his strength up or her strength up and then she she pop it out and crawled out there's a picture one of the pictures that should be on there is when she first came out she just kind of chilled on her egg she got a flop down on it I was thinking that's probably how she's going to stay for a day or so but a few hours later he was dry and running around and just screeching and peeping and just happy and I guess it's running around like crazy and then I read that a reason to leave them in the incubator after they have is because they're noise will Rouse the other birds out of their eggs well once I picked her up to make sure he was okay and her feet were okay and she was dry and things like that her wings were okay you know did the normal mommy baby check up fingers toes things like that and then she absolutely did not want to be put down for no matter what they're screaming screaming and I put her pick her back up and put her in my hand and and I'd hold my hand all the way around and I put my hand up my shirt so he was nice and warm and she would like you could feel her like cozy down in and put her head down soon as I would go to put her back down she's going to start screeching and getting all upset and you don't want a freshly hatched anything to get stressed out and I have tiny little baby like four days old friends something I don't know they're very small they're kind of they remind me of silkies and they're in a brooder right now that happened to be next to the incubator so I grabbed one of them and I put one of them in there with her just to see what she would think of that and she immediately quieted down and walked right over to the to the other bird who was like not happy to be in incubator and but immediately they they started cuddling and like I said the other ones already in the brooder cuz it's only a few days old so and I did not in any way want to remove her yet so I waited until he was all dry even had a little attitude jumping around like making really loud noises every time I left the field of vision so finally I just I picked her up and I put her in with the tiny baby other ones that I can't think of the name of but their friends and they have like these big poofy hat looking like feathers on their heads are gorgeous and they they're in a lot of them in there I only have a few but they like all kind of said hi to each other you know they get close and made cute noises at each other and then they just kind of all lay down and I was very happy to see that and so now he's in with them because I couldn't leave her in the incubator alone it's the only purpose of leaving her in there is to encourage the others to come out well I have a mixed batches in there some are going to come out soon and some are not so I took the chance to put her in there and she's very very happy very very healthy and I'm so very very glad because I hear so many horror stories about how they die within the first 24 hours a lot especially the more fragile breeds like the silkies but she is just loving life and the other tiny little birds are so good to her when I came out this morning I showed those birds how to eat and drink when I first got them of course and but it's monkey see monkey do and so when one of the other ones went over and started eating and drinking so did mine and it's better they learn from their own kind. But she is happy and healthy and full of energy and just she's absolutely gorgeous and the pictures it looks like her colors keep changing they are kind of I think but her mommy is a lavender silky and her daddy is a red satin silky she looks just like her mama thankfully the statins are great absolutely beautiful but I really really wanted a whole flock of the the white the lavender the spotted and the black silkies and I was told that I needed to hurry up and find a rooster because they just started to lay and that was the only rooster I could find. I'm so happy she looks like her mama but you know what I would have been happy no matter what have fallen in love with all of the silkies all of them I love them all the big poofy bearded one are my favorite but I love them all the Frizzle that's what the daddy is he's a red satin Frizzle and she's a very the chick the chick is a very light pink purple kind of Pinky purple which would be exactly what Lavender is LOL so she looks just like her mom she has the same coloring

Back
Top Bottom