My very first try at incubating

Hello girls and guys,

I am currently at dat 17 of my incubation and i can’t really tell from the drawings of what the air chamber is supposed to be if my air chamber is big enough (or too big). Could you please help me? If there is something to do about it i need to do it now...

Hello girls and guys,

I am currently at dat 17 of my incubation and i can’t really tell from the drawings of what the air chamber is supposed to be if my air chamber is big enough (or too big). Could you please help me? If there is something to do about it i need to do it now...

It looks good to me! Good luck.. I am on day 10 in my current clutch.

Have you seen this diagram?
upload_2018-3-15_16-33-13.png

Can't really see how low yours is...but not much you can to do on day 17, except wait a day or two to bump humidity up hatching levels if cells appear to small.
I'd not worry about it, the diagrams are rough guides, not carved in stone.

My broody is on day 18, so we both will see chicks this weekend!!
I have only candled her eggs once to remove duds.

Graphic picture below...

One of the eggs wasn’t showing any movement since a day or 2. I removed it today before putting the other eggs in lockdown. I cracked it and the was a lifeless chick inside. I can’t see anything weong with it on the outside. Anyone have any idea?

No action yet, but we're only day 19, so i wasn't expecting anything yet. Am i right to assume that the first internal pips should be happening tomorrow or is that going to be on monday?
I'd say tomorrow! I've only had one hatch experience so far and most of the hatching happened on day 20. Our first external pip was day 19 very early in the morning. That chick hatched on day 19 as well. It's a long process from internal pip to hatching so they are likely to start tomorrow. You might see the eggs jiggle a bit if you watch them close!

Back
Top Bottom