My wedding

That's my birthday too.
smile.png
smile.png
My first thought is Heartland's I Loved Her First

When I got married 14 years ago this New Year's Eve our first dance was to John Michael Montgomery's I Swear.

Congats on your wedding. Hope the day is everything you dreamed it will be.

When I get married my father daughter song will be "Butterfly Kisses". I forget who it is by, but my dad always told me he wants to dance to that song and it brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. You should be able to look it up on google.

Congratulations!!

When my husband and I got married we didn't some untraditional. Instead of lining up outside to receive our guests, we walked back around and we dismissed our guests ourselves. The song we had playing (this is quirky I am sure) was from the movie Anastasia, At the Beginning.

Make sure you put those disposable cameras on the tables, I got the best pictures of my friends and family that way.
The photographer takes all the formal pictures and all that but these pictures, (if people don't get drunk and act stupid) are so great to have.
I have an entire album filled with pictures that the photog would never have gotten, alot of them were my husband and/or I stopping by the table to talk to friends and they would grab the camera and take pictures with us.
I have pictures of people that are no longer with us, sadly more than I care to think about, and I would not have had such great pictures of them otherwise.
You can get the cameras with pretty designs on them, they make disposable ones just for weddings now.
You will be so busy and it will go by so fast that its nice to have all the pictures to look at later.

Whatever you do , enjoy the day.

Quote:
It's Holly Dunn.

My dad and I danced to "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac (although I think we did the Dixie Chicks version?) and then Ken and I danced to "Look at You Girl" by Chris LeDoux.

our first dance was "cross my heart" too! since then all of our friends have requested that he sing it at their weddings.

btw one of my girlfriends was on TLC's "say yes to the dress" last night... it was so neat to watch her. she was the biker chick marrying the cop. in case u watched it.

I just went to a wedding today. I was reading your topic at 1pm and had to be at the wedding at 2:30. So I waited to see what song they were going to play and they played, Daddy's hand. Just wanted you to know.

edited to add, that was the Daddy/daughter song.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom