My weightloss journey

I walk a 15 minute mile with the dog every other day. I agree I need to move more. Thats why I want a exercise bike. Something low impact I can do in the morning while I watch the news. That way I can keep my daily schedule but add in fitness that I actually like
I can walk 2-3 miles and only raise my heart rate into the 90’s. I have to head for the hills to get into the 120’s (have you calculated your target heart rate?)
I’ve been known to do cardio with 50lbs on my back and a 12” step. 1 second tempo, alternating legs.
Important part is getting your target range nailed and keeping it there.

I’m a fat kid too. I feel your bewilderment. I was down 40 before I tore up my back in April. I’ve gained 10 back. I cannot walk far enough now to get my heart rate up, nor can I add weight for effort. Haven’t seen 100bpm since 4/14

I've been trying to lose the last 20lbs of pregnancy weight that just wont go away and I've found that eating a correctly proportioned meal and then having a glass of water with a tablespoon of psyllium powder in it is helping. I've lost about 7lbs in 3 weeks. It's not like it's shedding pounds overnight but it's helping and I don't feel like I'm hungry all the time because the fiber in the psyllium helps my tummy from tricking me into seconds (and thirds). I tried for 2 years to cut calories and exercise more and just kept seeing the scale not moving in the right direction.

So I guess that's my suggestion: eat correctly proportioned meals and add psyllium fiber to your diet. Also make sure to drink enough water.

Also, do it without the fancy gizmos for the first while. It takes three weeks to form new habits. You’ll crave the exercise, then get the gizmos to make it more fun.

Don't make up excuses.
If you want to lose weight you have to just do it.
Push yourself.
I hate this sentiment. I hear this all the time. I'm not making up excuses. I dont make up excuses like "I've been really good today so I can have a whole cake". I just have never experienced any happiness from working out. Ever. Ive never had the "runners high" to the point I feel that it is made up. Idk maybe I'm wired wrong but running is torture. In fact the inventer of the treadmill designed it as torture for inmates.

I hate this sentiment. I hear this all the time. I'm not making up excuses. I dont make up excuses like "I've been really good today so I can have a whole cake". I just have never experienced any happiness from working out. Ever. Ive never had the "runners high" to the point I feel that it is made up. Idk maybe I'm wired wrong but running is torture. In fact the inventer of the treadmill designed it as torture for inmates.
I'm not a fan of working out either.
It sucks.
I walk...it works.
I walk over 5 miles every day.

I can walk 2-3 miles and only raise my heart rate into the 90’s. I have to head for the hills to get into the 120’s (have you calculated your target heart rate?)
I’ve been known to do cardio with 50lbs on my back and a 12” step. 1 second tempo, alternating legs.
Important part is getting your target range nailed and keeping it there.

I’m a fat kid too. I feel your bewilderment. I was down 40 before I tore up my back in April. I’ve gained 10 back. I cannot walk far enough now to get my heart rate up, nor can I add weight for effort. Haven’t seen 100bpm since 4/14
I walk on a fast trot. If the dog doesnt stop to sniff I get around 110 bpm. The problem is her stopping. I could do a mile in 10 minutes but she slows me down

I've been trying to lose the last 20lbs of pregnancy weight that just wont go away and I've found that eating a correctly proportioned meal and then having a glass of water with a tablespoon of psyllium powder in it is helping. I've lost about 7lbs in 3 weeks. It's not like it's shedding pounds overnight but it's helping and I don't feel like I'm hungry all the time because the fiber in the psyllium helps my tummy from tricking me into seconds (and thirds). I tried for 2 years to cut calories and exercise more and just kept seeing the scale not moving in the right direction.

So I guess that's my suggestion: eat correctly proportioned meals and add psyllium fiber to your diet. Also make sure to drink enough water.
Where does one purchase this?

I think a better sentiment might be "We believe in you! You CAN do it!"

Especially considering that a lot of people turn to the internet because they don't have supportive people in their daily lives.

Back
Top Bottom