My Welsummer hen is pecking me

Meri Maura

May 2024 bring less misery 🥂
Feb 6, 2021
the BYC underground
My Coop
My Coop
My Welsummer hen, Charlotte, has lately been pecking me hard to pick her up and pet her. I try to push her away and pet her when she isn't pecking, but it's not working. Any thoughts?

My barred rock pecks me when I try to pick her up or just put my hand in front of her. Its not hard or anything she's just giving me a little "get back!". But I just leave my hand in front of her or even tap her on the beak every time. I don't know if its making it worse or better but something to try 😂. If I were you I would try to tire her out of it and show her you don't care. Put on a protective glove and just let her peck her heart out😂. I would assume after a bit she will realize it doesn't do a thing!

She's hardly going to dislike you (after all, you are the bearer of food).
Indeed! Unfortunately, my flock got infected with poultry lice 🤮 . Ive given them two treatments of elector PSP so far and they are doing fine now. I was worried that after an hour or two of snatching them from their roosting bars, flipping them upside down, drenching their vent area and under their wings with smelly water stuff (E PSP😂), then rubbing it down onto the skin, they would be forever fearful of me. But the next day, one shake of the corn bag and they all came flying in😂. hard to beat cracked corn:lol:

Back
Top Bottom