My WH leg clicks

zooweemama

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Far Northern California
My Maggie May seems just fine but when she walks you can hear a click. Left leg. She doesn't hobble or limp. She spends most of her time on the pond.

I have 13 other ducks and only Maggie has a leg that clicks. Does anyone know what that could be? Should I do anything? I assumed the best thing for her was to be on the pond so I walked her to the pond today and released her rather than letting her walk all the way to the pond.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it...my goose Hulk had the same issue a few years ago and I thought it was odd but I didn't think to much of it and it ended up going away...and he's doing great now! He turns 6 next year :)

Is she overweight or average weight? I noticed it on a heftier pekin mix before.

All my ducks are really lean. At least I think so? They get fed once a day, they free range from 10am to 6pm. By free range I mean they walk down to the pond and swim, frolic, nap, bathe and sometimes come up on shore to nibble on some greens and then dog pile back into the pond until they get hungry for supper. No one seems to be larger than they should be. They are on Mazuri Maintenance. She's one of the lower (but not at the bottom) ducks on the pecking order too. I guess unless she acts like it's bothering her- I will leave it.

I think that you people are talking about the "tap", "tap" sound, while duck is walking. I heard that sound sometimes. I first worried about it, but she is fine.

Back
Top Bottom