My White Eggs Turned Brown/Tan....???

Well....they are in an open box. It was an experiment and now, well I might have a chick. So I can't "seal" it. I've never checked or maintained humidity so this might be another test. Gosh I killed one already..not another!

Ok, I would get hold of your friend and tell him to get a clean "squirt bottle". (like a windex bottle etc.). Put it on fine mist and "sprints" the eggs ever half hour or so with a fine mist of clean water. That will help with the membrane........

Last edited:
OMG I'm about to leave work and go get it he is making me mad. He said he picked it up and he can hear it chirping inside. Told him to leave it alone cause I don't think its funny!! I told him about the water.

Do you think it will be okay since he picked it up and probably moved it all around while he held it up listening to it?

I think he will be fine. Just tell him to leave it alone.

Here is my first one.

Awwwwe!!! What's her/his name? I'm thinking we should take the towel out of the box before it hatches or should it just stay?

Ok good cause k don't want him touching it again! Thank you so so much for your help. No one had faith in me that I could do it (I didn't think I could either though lol). After everything I read about consistent temp and perfect humidity etc I was thinking there was no way I could do it with a box, towel, and a lamp! Well well. I just hope it waits till 6 or after to come out so I can rush there after work and see the whole process.

I have a feeling he/she is going to be black. One thing I cannot stop thinking about is the one that I accidentally killed last weekend. Then this one little chick would have a little friend hatching today too. :-( But… I got two more in the oven that will hopefully hatch in a couple weeks.

Sad as it is, you can't change what happened but learn from it. You have a new little one on the way who will need you, especially while waiting for his/her new friends to hatch so put your efforts into caring for it instead of focusing on the one that didn't make it.

And Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures :)
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom