My wish has been granted... one excellent hatch this year...

Your babies are just too sweet! Congrats and here's hoping for future successes like this!
thumbsup.gif

Becky

No Charlie... if I build another building, I'LL be sleeping in it!
lol.png

I have a special pen in progress for them in the new coop, though they won't be ready for it for a while.

Thanks everyone... I feel like I've spent the day at a wedding or a beauty pageant, my face hurts from smiling so much. And this morning I found a pip in egg #10, and soft peeping, so
fl.gif
for me that this last one hatches well!!

Seriously...
th.gif
this hatch has been phenomenal, and has restored my faith in shipped eggs.
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
Thank you!

So, I just opened up the three that quit - all 3 were splashes, yolk sac about the size of a large marble. The membrane was rubbery, and in a couple of them the fluids had turned to a yellow/green gel. What does that mean in terms of the hatch?

Oh, and #10 has just opened up a nice sized hole and is peeping away... I will NOT interfere, I will NOT interfere, I will NOT interfere...
fl.gif

Mary Lou is cheeping in the hatcher... she is pure polished silver.
big_smile.png

Ahhhhhh... sigh of relief... this hatch is officially over with 10 babies out of 17.

This last one was goopier than the rest... after she tumbled out I had to go in and remove a gel-like membrane from her. She looks like she used too much hair gel, and is all crispy critters now. But a healthy set of lungs, and quite the looker.

I am so blessed to have such good friends that I've never met.
love.gif

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Mary Lou is cheeping in the hatcher... she is pure polished silver.
big_smile.png

Ahhhhhh... sigh of relief... this hatch is officially over with 10 babies out of 17.

This last one was goopier than the rest... after she tumbled out I had to go in and remove a gel-like membrane from her. She looks like she used too much hair gel, and is all crispy critters now. But a healthy set of lungs, and quite the looker.

I am so blessed to have such good friends that I've never met.
love.gif

Congratulations on chick number 10!!
woot.gif
wee.gif
I am so happy for you! so what color is your last one??​

Back
Top Bottom