My worm box incubator

Here's the wiring pictures.
The fan has two wires one black and red, cut the end of the cord on the transformer and attach the wires with wire nuts, soldering, or heatshrink tubing. The fan should work. If for some reason it doesn't just reverse the wires.
01010125.jpg

Thermostat. You will need to interrupt the circuit for the lights. Get your power cord and cut the end off,(not the one for the wall like I did...
sad.png
)
01010124.jpg

Insert the power cord into the bator and attach one wire to the thermostat, the other terminal on the thermostat will go to one wire on the lamp. The other wire on the power cord will go the the other wire on the lamp.
01010128.jpg

Here is the diagram I followed.
incub2.gif

cheers redneck...i got it all up and running this morning...hopefully it will do the job! Just running it now to see what temp/humidity i get. Im using a 60W soft white bulb with a dimmer and the computer fan as you suggested.

very inconsistent temps over night unfortunately so its off to the homedepot for a thermostat today. I guess i didnt need the dimmer after all!

Is your bator giving good consistent temps?

mate I have two different brand digital thermometer/hygrometers and also a fish tank thermometer in a water weasel and they are all different!!!!!!!! Im getting some medical quality thermometers from work tomorrow from my clinic to see what the temp actually is! Its somewhere between 99 and 103F The humidity is somewhere between 40 and 60%

No, it has to be 12V DC on the output. If there are any pawn shops in your area you can try them. I went in and ask them if they had any old or spare transformers for sell phones and video games. They brought out a box and I started going through it. Just remember, 110V in and 12V DC out. You can also use a 110V fan. Look at this link:
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?U … e=electric

Back
Top Bottom