My young son just dropped an incubated egg on day 19 :(

farmmama14

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
He dropped the egg on the large end and broke that end. I can see some blood and the chick moving and breathing. I put him back in the incubator with the other eggs and my 1 hatched chick. Does he have any chance of surviving??

He dropped the egg on the large end and broke that end. I can see some blood and the chick moving and breathing. I put him back in the incubator with the other eggs and my 1 hatched chick. Does he have any chance of surviving??

ive been in the same situation more than once just leave it in the incubator and see what happens ive had some make it and some die

And give that little guy a hug. Poor little man must feel so bad.
hit.gif

He keeps asking me if the baby will be ok. He feels awful, he just wanted to see if he was coming out yet. He was so excited this morning when the first one hatched that he forgot about not touching. :(

Oh poor little guy..

If it were me, I would watch it, if it doesn't make it I wouldn't let him know.. I have two Grandsons that get so exited about the babies at Poppy and Nanny's, its hard sometimes for them to be patient

Oh, I so agree with you!

Maybe I've gotten soft in my old age but although I believe its good to teach our youngsters lessons born on experience I think he feels bad enough as it is.. Maybe when I was raising my kids I might have showed them what happens when were not careful but being a Grandma has certainly softened me a lot
hide.gif

Cant stand to see the little ones so upset

Back
Top Bottom