MyPetChicken.com...update: customer service still very good

Are you sure that Polish is a rooster? It does have suspicious looking saddle feathers, but I don't see a comb or wattles on it? All of my Polish roosters have had bright red v combs and most have had growing wattles by 11 weeks!

Quote:
I was gonna ask the same thing. By the head feathers, he looks like a she. My SL look very similar they are roughly 11 weeks old now.

Not the best photo, but they all 3 have the round pouf vs the boy's mohawk.
21675_dscn1080.jpg

I'm trying to find a photo that is similar in age of one of our boys....

Last edited:
I have to say, I ordered 2 Easter Eggers, 2 RI Reds and 1 Silkie from My Pet Chicken last year. The all arrived in great condition even after a night at the post office because I got home late on the day they arrived.

One of my Easter Eggers turned out to be a rooster. I was new to chickens and did not realize until he started crowing (I am sure he was making funny noises before that, but what did I know?) I emailed them and did not get a response. I then called and received a call back. They were very helpful and offered me a free chicken on my next order.

My only problem now is I want bantams and the minimum order is 5. I really don't have room for that many so if anyone is in the RI area and would be willing to split an order, let me know.

Quote:
I certainly hope so!!!
big_smile.png

I very nearly bought a buff brahma roo/pullet set I saw. They're just so pretty. But I started another thread asking what type of roosters everyone prefered, and now I just can't choose.
sad.png
I'm crossing my fingers that one I ordered was "misgendered".
smile.png

Quote:
Oh yes. I recieved a call from a friend early in the morning one day.
Friend- "SHE WON'T SHUT UP!"
Me-"Who?"
Friend- "MY HEN!"
Me- "Well, is she laying?"
Friend-"She's crowing."
Me- "Crowing?"
Friend- "Crowing."
Me-"..."

So yes, it does happen. Beware.

I paid extra for sexed bantams with mypetchicken too. I got 2 roosters out of 6 and i was a little upset at first......but i think its important to realize it will always be a risk with this hobby. We are all made aware that there is always a chance of error in chick sexing. I find that it helps to remind myself of this often. I love mypetchicken and they are good about working with you to keep you happy, but sexing day old chicks will just never be perfect. Its kinda like being a weatherman in New England
gig.gif
I also think you should wait on both those chicks to crow to be sure they are boys. They might still be girls. Maybe you have heard them crow and i read this too fast and missed it...........but both of your pics look like they still might be girls. I think if we (me) are not allowed to have roosters, we (me) tend to freak out about it prematurely. I am learning to try to just enjoy them as a baby until i know for sure if its a boy. I hope you find them both to be pullets so you wont have to worry, but these things always seem to work out
smile.png

Don't give up on My Pet Chicken. Every single time I have emailed them, they have emailed me back within about a day. They are always personable and friendly.

I did get a Silkie from them with cross beak though.

That polish is a pullet.....I'd just nearly bet on it. The silkie, not so sure
sad.png

I hope all works out well for you!

Back
Top Bottom