MyPetChicken.com...update: customer service still very good

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 3peeps, Jun 11, 2009.

1. 3peeps

3peeps Songster

Jul 4, 2007
    We ordered a total of 5, and now I believe our silkie and polish pullets are both cockerels. The polish started to crow this morning and our silkie has a large comb and wattles, and new iridescent little tail feathers coming out of the fluff. They're about 11 weeks old. I'm still trying to decide if the polish looks like a roo, or if it's just a crowing pullet. Both have been feisty since peep-hood, though! So, looking back, I can't say I'm surprised. Just disappointed. It probably had to happen some time, since sexing isn't perfect.

So I think we're down to two easter egger pullets. (One chick died very early.) I'm pretty sure they are females, and they are beautiful and healthy.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Songster

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Hm.... That is certainly a strange consolation prize. I'm sorry to hear that MPC hasn't treated you well. Can you keep roos? I hope so, and I hope they are ALL hens. Good Luck
    Jenny

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I recommend that you call them. I had some order snafus and they were really responsive about taking care of the problems. Call the 800# & ask for Stephanie. She was great to work with.

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Songster

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    They claimed they could guarantee you a silkie pullet? [​IMG]

5. Katy_didnot

Katy_didnot Songster

May 1, 2009
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Not that is solves anyones problem, but I really like the chicken poop lip balm.(And it has a great disclaimer on the tube 'Contains no poop')

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:MPC is the only place online that sells sexed bantams, silkies, and polish in small quantities.

7. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I think you should call them and try to work it out over the phone.

Good Luck,
    Jason

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  8. Amy in Florida

Amy in Florida In the Brooder

Isn't the sexing only 90% accurate? So, the odds would be very good that you would get 90% pullets, but the odds are also there that you can get roos. Sounds like your order had all the 10% in it. Maybe they would send you some more.

Good luck!

9. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Post pictures, would you?
    Christina

10. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:I do too [​IMG] Although my kids refused to take it to school, thinking kids would make fun of them HAHAHAAHAHAHA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: