Mysterious lump on lorikeet

Tiana's chickens

Songster
Dec 7, 2017
2 days ago a Rainbow Lorikeet came into my care. She has a lump near/around her vent, the lump has looked the same for a good year atleast, hasn't grown apparently.
I have a couple ideas of what it might be but I'm not sure and would like some expert opinions.
Firstly it might just be a fatty lump (I forget the professional name for this) but she's probably been a little over fed and the cage she was in was small so probably not enough exercise either causing her to be overweight.
Secondly it could be a tumour (I really hope not :( ) she's about 12 years old.
Thirdly it could be some sort of prolapse. She's laid a lot of eggs in the past.
Or The lump could be something else I haven't thought of, I need some help in figuring this out so I can treat it.
Here are some photos of the lorikeets rear, although the lump looks smaller in photos and her feathers hide it a bit. It's atleast the size of a human eye
(Also just so yas know, I will trim her overgrown nails very soon and I also have an aviary she will be moving into soon for more space)

IMG_2084.JPG
IMG_2085.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG
IMG_2095.JPG
IMG_2096.JPG

Thank you, I haven't actually touched it, she's a little anxious since moving to a new home. I'll have a feel next time I'm out there. Thank you for the article, much appreciated:)

Back
Top Bottom