Mystery Bantams!

Texpatriate

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 28, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Mystery Bantams! What can I say, I'm a sucker for bantams. I succumbed to temptation at Tractor Supply yesterday and bought a few of their "assorted bantams", halfway out of curiosity about what these little guys are. Anybody got any guesses?

I got a few other bigger bantams that I'm pretty sure are either Cochins or Brahmas, but I got 3 of these little guys that were about half the size (but still about half again the size of my Serama chicks that I hatch at home). Feathered legs, grayish-blue on the back with black spots, yellow on the face and chest. Anybody recognize this breed? If they are D'Uccles, I've never seen this color before.

They look like silver laced sebrights but have feathered legs, hmm. I was gonna guess sebrights till I caught that.

They look like they have rose or pea combs, is that accurate?

Last edited:
They look like silver laced sebrights but have feathered legs, hmm. I was gonna guess sebrights till I caught that.

They look like they have rose or pea combs, is that accurate?

I thought sebrights at first as well, but then I saw.........feathered legs! Yes, the combs look like they'll probably be rose or pea.

Silver Sebright. Its common for hatchery chicks to have lightly feathered shanks in breeds that aren't suppose to. It'll fall out in their first molt and not come back.

Interesting. I've seen the opposite before, with chicks like Marans that are supposed to have feathered legs but don't, but never seen chicks have feathered legs that aren't supposed to. First time for everything I guess!

Back
Top Bottom