Mystery black chick

bahamabanty

Songster
8 Years
Oct 9, 2013
Bahamas

Does anyone know what mix this could be and what a chicken or rooster looks like that grows out a black chick. It came from a barnyard mix set of eggs. on the picture they look brown but they are black. Thanks.

Black in a barnyard mix doesn't narrow things down much. Black is a pretty dominant color, so the bird could have been mixed for a few generations. The most common black bird in the States is the Australorp, I don't know about the islands. We'd need a better idea of what the parent stock look like, but since you said it's a barnyard mix, well, it's a barnyard mix. It will be a black chicken, if a pullet probably a brown egg layer.

Black in a barnyard mix doesn't narrow things down much. Black is a pretty dominant color, so the bird could have been mixed for a few generations. The most common black bird in the States is the Australorp, I don't know about the islands. We'd need a better idea of what the parent stock look like, but since you said it's a barnyard mix, well, it's a barnyard mix. It will be a black chicken, if a pullet probably a brown egg layer.
X2

x3

X4 on donrae.

Back
Top Bottom