Mystery chic help ??

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
Ok my friend gave me a dozen eggs only 5 were fertal 2 quit the first week and 3 made it to day 18 only 1 hatched , they are very small banty's she says that her kids have rose comb and silver penciled banty's she says this like these are breeds , I havent heard of and cant find any BREED called silver penciled or rose comb , I can find colors and comb types with these names , Any help would be grate if there are breeds called this let me know if not tell me what this baby is please, He is tiny half the size of the banty cochins that are teh same age as him that he is with he has orangish feet and leggs that are skinny with no extra toes or feathering at all.

23413_042609_080100.jpg

Well there are breeds called rosecombs. As for silver pencilled that is just a color but it looks like your chick is silver pencilled, now to figure out the breed. Does it have feathered feet? What kind of comb does it have? I am going to guess it is either a dark brahma (if it has feathered feet and pea comb) or a silver pencilled rock(clean legs and single comb) or a silver pencilled wyandotte (clean legs and rose comb)

He is over 2 weeks old in that pic thats how small he is thats my hand and there not terrbley huge.
He is a banty and has no feathers on his legs or feet and no extra toes normal orngish chicken feet..

ANYONE
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom