Mystery chick

CMW

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2021
Cape Cod, MA
Hi everyone,

I adopted a 1-week old chick a few weeks ago who was called a "backyard surprise." The parents are unknown. I'm wondering if anyone has a guess for what breed this chick is. She's very sweet, super active, and small (~200 g at ~4 weeks). Gray feathers, dark eyes, gray legs, white nails. I'm thinking a Blue Andalusian (pure or mixed) - but I'm just guessing! Thanks!

Colleen

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2112.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2114.jpg
    IMG_2114.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2228.jpg
    IMG_2228.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi everyone,

I adopted a 1-week old chick a few weeks ago who was called a "backyard surprise." The parents are unknown. I'm wondering if anyone has a guess for what breed this chick is. She's very sweet, super active, and small (~200 g at ~4 weeks). Gray feathers, dark eyes, gray legs, white nails. I'm thinking a Blue Andalusian (pure or mixed) - but I'm just guessing! Thanks!

Colleen
Lavender Orpington

Hi everyone,

Colleen
She’s really cute

Thanks! A friend of mine also suggested Lavender Orpington. She seems darker than the chicks I've seen online for that breed, but perhaps there is a wide range in color? She's (well, I'm hoping 'she') is very sweet.
There are different types of plumage differences in various chicken colouring, one of my chickens, a blue Australorp is almost black, but his sister is bright blue/grey with black lining around her feathers.
Thanks! A friend of mine also suggested Lavender Orpington. She seems darker than the chicks I've seen online for that breed, but perhaps there is a wide range in color? She's (well, I'm hoping 'she') is very sweet.

Back
Top Bottom