Mystery Chicken...What is this?

Those of you with experience with Phoenix's, do you think this is a good show bird? I don't know the first thing about showing, but....
Also, do you think she's a straight Phoenix, a silver Phoenix, a bantam Pheonix...or anyhing else?
I love Backyard Chickens!

Thank you so much for the pictures. That looks just like her...and I can now call her a HER! yay! I need to learn more about this breed. She is so very pretty and has always been the most friendly of the bunch.

i have 2 that i used as show birds for 4h and my hens had the long tail and i bred a rooster and got the eggs and with the babies i hatched out i showed 1 hen and 1 roo and got best cockeral a best hen in the fair!! I was so excited i had the best birds at the fair

i have 2 that i used as show birds for 4h and my hens had the long tail and i bred a rooster and got the eggs and with the babies i hatched out i showed 1 hen and 1 roo and got best cockeral a best hen in the fair!! I was so excited i had the best birds at the fair

I was in 4H also.. It's an awesome organization. :) (sorry to be off topic)

Those of you with experience with Phoenix's, do you think this is a good show bird? I don't know the first thing about showing, but....
Also, do you think she's a straight Phoenix, a silver Phoenix, a bantam Pheonix...or anyhing else?
I love Backyard Chickens!
she is a pure silver Phoenix looks to be large fowl
SilPhoenBtyH.JPEG

to really find out you need to go ahead and show her it wont hurt and you can ask the judge(s) questions after judging and find out any flaws she may or may not have. i would show her and try finding a cockerel with a really nice long tail to breed her to.

jbarrett, that is a huge accomplishment, congratulations! I might need to look into doing that.

hdowden, Thank you so much for the advice. I think I might need to give it a try. By chance, how is the best way to find a good, suited, cockerel for her?

Thank you all so much!

Back
Top Bottom