Mystery chickens - breed and sex

swtbtrcup

Songster
9 Years
Apr 22, 2010
White Springs
Ameracauna's.... I think all are pullets. Im wondering if they are really Ameracauna's or another breed. One is black with gold laced feathers, gray/black and white, mostly yellow and brown, reddish color

chickens039.jpg

chickens041.jpg

chickens027.jpg

chickens041.jpg

Not sure what she is. I cant remember if I got her with the ameracauna's or at TSC. She is orange/red with bluish color on her neck. She is very sweet and docile.

chickens030.jpg

chickens032.jpg

These 3 are cochins. Im wondering what color they are. (There are other chickens in the picture with them) I am thinking either all blue's or maybe 2 blue's and a lavender? All 3 are varied shades of the blue/gray.

chickens035.jpg

chickens035.jpg

Thanks
Carol

Side pics of the birds standing naturally would be best to show colors, stance, wing/tail carriage, and build. The one with laced feathers looks like a dark Cornish. It looks like you might have some Easter Eggers and the Cochins look more like Cochin crosses. They aren't carrying the heavy leg/foot feathering or "poofiness" of purebred Cochins. Still looks like a nice little rainbow flock.

Thanks. I know I've seen other chickens that look like her. Only thing I noticed is she seems to have longer legs than the pics I've seen of dark cornish hens.

Picture taking doesnt work well with 2 little girls assisting haha. I will probably take more when I can keep them out of the pen.

They are a pretty laid back group of chickens so I am happy with them. My silkie roo thinks he is Mr. Studmuffin and runs the entire pen.

Most "Ameracaunas" are actually Easter Egger mutts
lol.png
I found that out after I got my 3. Mine all look completely different from each other, but they are all love bugs
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom