Mystery chickens! (UPDATED PICS)

That is indeed a cockerel, but honestly I don't think it is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. Hatchery quality SLW's have some pretty bad lacing already, but that bird isn't even laced. . . It looks like poor quality Columbian. Do they carry Columbian Wyandottes?

Last edited:
Poor Feathers... he's homely, missing foliage and can also now add "poor quality" to his resume.
big_smile.png

He could honestly be just about anything. My friend ordered some sort of pullet assortment (ha!) from My Pet Chicken, and she gave him to me.

I'll post new pictures in a few weeks and we'll see what he morphs into.

I think he's a columbian wyandotte too. I'm sure his feathers will grow in just fine - I had an EE last year that was super slow to feather - I was sure it was a boy (WAY behind all the others), but she ended up being a girl after all and ended up a large and beautiful EE. I'm still guessing cockerel with yours though, because of the wattle growth. Wait a few more weeks and see if his wattles grow even more.

MPC does guarantee a 90% accuracy rate. On my last order of 30 female chicks with MPC, I rehomed 6 day old chicks (too young for me to sex). Out of the 24 I kept till I could be sure of their sex, I only ended up with 1 roo (a black andalusian).

Back
Top Bottom