Mystery chicks from TSC

Buff Leghorns are way more uncommon than Buff Rocks. I don't think there is a single hatchery who carries them. @The Moonshiner can give more expertise, but I am extremely doubtful it's a Buff Leghorn. Perhaps Buff Orpington with faulty leg color but not Leghorn :)
I've never seen a Buff Leghorn anywhere either, at TSC or otherwise. I've only ever seen Buff Orps and Golden Comets. But it was one of their listed birds you can order though, not sure where they get their supply from. I'd believe a faulty Buff Orp over a Leghorn.

I've never seen a Buff Leghorn anywhere either, at TSC or otherwise. I've only ever seen Buff Orps and Golden Comets. But it was one of their listed birds you can order though, not sure where they get their supply from. I'd believe a faulty Buff Orp over a Leghorn.
Can you send me the link of where you're seeing Buff Leghorns? Buff Rocks are carried by Welp/Privett which TSC sometimes goes through but I can't find Buff Leghorns anywhere, only small breeders. The most "mainstream" breeder I can find is Sandhill

Can you send me the link of where you're seeing Buff Leghorns? Buff Rocks are carried by Welp/Privett which TSC sometimes goes through but I can't find Buff Leghorns anywhere, only small breeders. The most "mainstream" breeder I can find is Sandhill
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/cms/breed-directory-b

They have it listed under their colors on the Leghorn entry, but now that I read it again I guess it can also be interpreted as the breed just being available in those colors in general, not at TSC specifically.

Here are some better pictures.
Also included a picture of one of the roosters that was sold to us as a light Brahma. Not a stitch of black on him.

Attachments

• F6B96F90-275A-4B17-A674-45696FDD6FD5.jpeg
    F6B96F90-275A-4B17-A674-45696FDD6FD5.jpeg
    499 KB · Views: 17
  • EE5F7427-5A83-43E5-809C-FE8EC1108427.jpeg
    EE5F7427-5A83-43E5-809C-FE8EC1108427.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 836A1DFA-EAFE-44D5-8ADB-0663459B301C.jpeg
    836A1DFA-EAFE-44D5-8ADB-0663459B301C.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 17
That rooster looks exactly like my White Plymouth Rock rooster that I had as part of my first flock. Such a nice cuddly bird but SO LOUD. I ended up rehoming him in the country, lol.

That rooster looks exactly like my White Plymouth Rock rooster that I had as part of my first flock. Such a nice cuddly bird but SO LOUD. I ended up rehoming him in the country, lol.
Yeah we have been a little curious about what exactly he is. We are pretty positive he is a Brahma as he has a lot of the features just not sure what brahmas are all white. He is a good rooster so far although he’s still young.

Yeah we have been a little curious about what exactly he is. We are pretty positive he is a Brahma as he has a lot of the features just not sure what brahmas are all white. He is a good rooster so far although he’s still young.
he's not a brahma, he has the wrong comb and the wrong leg color... besides being barely feathered on the legs. I'd say he's a hatcher cross of some sort, but I have no idea what.

he's not a brahma, he has the wrong comb and the wrong leg color... besides being barely feathered on the legs. I'd say he's a hatcher cross of some sort, but I have no idea what.
Oh boy. Interesting.
Whatever he is, he’s a good chicken.

His name is phares.
Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom