Mystery Chicks

ok lets take out some of these breeds...for each chick can you get a comb shot, full body (one chick per pic), a pic from the top, and a pic showing leg color please.

I think I figured out the first two. I really thought it was the leghorn, howdan said the Silver Hamburg. Both could be it, but the thing that was throwing me was the black in the beak of the one on the left. None of the pictures I could find of either of these has black in the beak, then I found this. It is a Silver Lakenvelder. I was just looking at the Gold. That could explain why I could have sworn I had seen them before, I was thinking about getting some about 6 months ago, never did. What do you think howdan? PS I got this pic from Estes Farm Hatchery.

lakenvelder-chicks.jpg

I've started selling chicks from eggs hatched by a friend. She is collecting from her own pens, but she did not label the eggs or remember exactly how many of each from which pen went into what incubator.
Hard lesson learned, I have a lot of mystery chicks.
Can anyone give their best guess on these chicks?

What about these?

The chicks in the first picture are two different breeds, the chick on the left in the first picture and the chick on the left in the second picture could be the same breed.

Chris

Last edited:
kaykaypw,
So I think we have made this clear as mud for you
lau.gif
You know what, I think you have baby chicks! I bet at 1 or 2 weeks when feathers start to come in, it might be easier. Also, the comb will tell a lot. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom