Mystery Chicks

jencp

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 2, 2014
Upstate New York

The brown one hatched out of a white egg. The white one hatched out of a green egg. they're 5 1/2 weeks old now and recently moved out with the big girls. I am hoping they're both girls... Can anyone help? Boys or girls or one of each...

x2 on the red bird being a cockerel.#2 is a little trickier. Its not showing any typical male traits, but, that plumage pattern/color on Easter Eggers (which I assume it is since you stated it hatched from a green egg) is pretty strong male indicator. I'll just say that the white bird is the spitting image of my EE rooster when he was younger :)

The brown one is definitely a cockerel. The white one is an Easter Egger and given the width and redness of its comb at 5 1/2 weeks, I'm thinking it's a cockerel as well.

x2 on the red bird being a cockerel.#2 is a little trickier. Its not showing any typical male traits, but, that plumage pattern/color on Easter Eggers (which I assume it is since you stated it hatched from a green egg) is pretty strong male indicator. I'll just say that the white bird is the spitting image of my EE rooster when he was younger
smile.png
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom