Mystery duck death

dishfickle

Songster
11 Years
Jan 26, 2012
Hey all! My friend had a racoon kill some of her ducks. She hadn't been locking them up. After that, she kept them in a coop with the chickens. Went out, one was dead, was fine up till then. Next day another. Same thing. She only had two left and gave them to me. I have them separated from mine. Any ideas? They seem fine. She's a 4h mom. Has had birds for years, didn't see any signs of illness

Pictures of your setup, and more info on how she looked when you found her would be helpful.
This was a friend. It was a little call duck, so she thought maybe it got trampled? She was kinda dirty, but she didn't see anything., nor with the others

Hmm, that makes sense. She's never shit up the ducks at night; and it was an emergency temp situation to put them worth the chickens until they caught the racoon. I was a little worried that they may have been sick

end. It was a little call duck, so she thought maybe it got trampled? She was kinda dirty, but she didn't see any

Without pictures, and a necropsy done on the duck, it's almost impossible to suggest what may have happened. It is possible she may have been trampled.

Back
Top Bottom