Mystery ducks off on eBay! (got the wrong breed!)

I bought a dozen Narragansett turkey eggs on ebay, 4 turkey poults hatched, and 1 yellow duckling. I sent a message asking about the duckling and what kind it could be but I never received a reply. I guess I could say something about it on the feedback forum.

Also, I bought an assortment of purebred eggs from another ebay seller, and he marked each egg with what breed they were ... buff orpington, rhode island red, etc. Well, all the chicks hatched out black, some with feathered legs ... so, I took them to the next poultry auction I went to.

There are still some really great ebay sellers out there though, and I won't let the few bad experiences ruin all the good ones I've had. Really though, we should all leave feedback on there when we don't get what we pay for ... at least it can then be a warning for others to be wary. I always look at the feedback of the seller before I bid on anything.

Quote:
Well, the only problem I see with this is, the buyer is asked to return what they received. Hmmmm. How much is it going to cost to send live birds back to the seller.

I'd leave follow-up feedback and try to sell them.

Tracy

A reputable ebay seller will eat a loss if they sent out the wrong item. Obviously this person is not reputable as they are not doing the right thing. File disputes with paypal and ebay. It is a pain in the butt, but you should get your money back, all of it, even if you keep the birds. Good luck.
And get a hatching thread of your 5 boxes of chicks going if you haven't done so yet!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png

I hear ya. I bought a batch of purebred Arucana eggs and only one hatched which may have been due to shipping or something else. The thing that made me mad was the little one has feathered feet. Not that I don't love feathered feet it's just not what I paid for. It does have no tail feathers and the tufts of the breed though so I'm thinking another roo got in with her purebreds.

Quote:
Thats why I ask nine kinds of questions before I bid. If the person who is selling the eggs is truly interested in the birds, then they'll be more than accomodating with information. If I only get one word answers, I don't bid.

There is nothing more irritating than a one word answer....

Quote:
Well, the only problem I see with this is, the buyer is asked to return what they received. Hmmmm. How much is it going to cost to send live birds back to the seller.

I'd leave follow-up feedback and try to sell them.

Tracy

I couldn't figure out how to leave updated comments on eBay, but I did just open a dispute with PayPal...

Quote:
Thats why I ask nine kinds of questions before I bid. If the person who is selling the eggs is truly interested in the birds, then they'll be more than accomodating with information. If I only get one word answers, I don't bid.

There is nothing more irritating than a one word answer....

Yeah...I sometimes do....but this was a like a three sentence auction and had photos of a pair of BEAUTIFUL, blue muscovies. The seller has a feedback rating of 650 or so and good feedback....so I thought I was "safe." Sighs.

I couldn't figure out how to leave updated comments on eBay, but I did just open a dispute with PayPal...

Click on your feedback number and all your feedback should pop up.

On the bottom left (way down) underneath your page number see this:

What would you like to do next?
Leave Feedback
Reply to Feedback received
Follow up to Feedback left

Click on Follow up to Feedback left and follow instructions.

Back
Top Bottom