Mystery ducks off on eBay! (got the wrong breed!)

Interesting.
I bought what was supposed to be black cayuga duck eggs and I had 3 blue swedes hatch. Wonder if it's the same seller?

Nope not same seller. I just poked back into my ebay.
Must be a blue swedish season.
Odd thing is I called Ideal on an order to add 4 whatever pullet ducks to it and they turned out to be blue swedes too.

I guess I will have blue ducks. They slurp slugs and bugs just the same so it didn't matter to me.

Lessons learned: READ feedback. And don't just look at the positive marks, some people post a positive and write a negative comment.
DON'T buy from newbies with a small amount of transactions, and make sure their positive scores are from selling and not buying.
PAY with Paypal. They have a dispute system, and I got my $140.00 back , it took 3 weeks, but they did dispute it for me. Ebay will not get involved.

Toolhaus.org is a great tool for checking negative feedback on seller's.

It makes it easier to see what the complaints are, if they are big seller.

HTH
Tracy

Quote:
Hey, maybe we should have a Dispute resolution support thread! I filed one with Paypal yesterday too! I bought Frizzle eggs on Ovabid on 5/22/08 and still dont have them....I would just like my money back now. I've had to initiate all contact with the seller, and I feel bad for them (they have some kind of health problem?) but I dont like having my money taken from me either, $26.50 that I worked for, and fell I should get what I paid for, or get my money back?

Good luck on everyones Disputes!! Too bad it has to come to this, really :mad:

Okay...so I heard back from the seller, finally. She says that Blue Muscovies are "all she has." She even sent me pics of her adult birds, which are gorgeous and what I was hoping to get....she wanted pics of the mystery ducks....so I took a ton of them last night....

Back
Top Bottom