Mystery ducks off on eBay! (got the wrong breed!)

So I also wrote her back again and asked if maybe a "wandering" duck of some sort came into contact with her muscovies--especially since in all of the pics, her muscovies are out of a coop or enclosed area and appear to be "free ranging." That's when she requested pics.

For comparison, I have a chocolate pied male which was one of my hold-backs from this breeding season. He is just ONE week older than the mystery ducks and more than double their size. He's also developing the carnucles, which they are not. These ducks also are not as friendly as the muscovies and they quack very loudly....and muscovies don't quack...

So I was originally thinking they were Blue Swedish because they still looked bluish. But now, they are for sure turning black with a greenish sheen to them...

The brown/white is one of my own muscovies. Again, he's just ONE week older than the two mystery ducks.

Here are the pics I took last night:
DSCN2628.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN2641.jpg

DSCN2642.jpg

DSCN2643.jpg

Equibling,

I am sorry this happened to you. I have ordered all sorts of thing from ebay (not eggs) but have had different degrees of satisfaction. I glad you are pursuing this. I bought some feedstore ducks this spring and in a purebred assorted lot of 4 I got one Blue swedish female, 1 Rouen Drake, I pied Moscovy and 1 Buff Crested duck. The Moscovy didnt make it the first night. But I love my Rouen and Blue Swedish female. The buff crested was runty and had to be babied and she was on the small side and quiet noisy.

I wanted to show you a pic of my Blue swedish as you requested earlier. I also wanted to tell you that I read that sometimes they are black as happens to occur with blue poultry .

12488_hillary_the_blue_swedish.jpg
[/img]

12488_hillary_blue_swedish.jpg
[/img]

Your birds have black legs and feet. That makes me think they are Cayugas or a mix of them. I got a (what I think is a Cayuga/ Crested mixed) duck with a pair of mixed breed ducklings I also got at the feed store another time. He looks just like these guys except he has a small tuft on his head. but same color, same white chest spots and green head and green on his wings..Interesting

here is a pick of him, btw I sold him and the buff crested to Joann on here. She seems happy with them.
12488_picture_107.jpg
[/img]

I have one that looks like that bottom pic. I was thinking Cayuga mix maybe? But I'm not that sure of duck id yet except for the wild ones. It is a lot smaller than my Pekin ducks. I bought it as a few days old duckling because it looked pretty and I am still not sure exactly what it is. I was hoping my Pekins would cross with it but now I am thinking that is not a good idea being it is so much smaller than them. It is black with a green and purple sheen to it in the sunlight with the white chest and each wing has a small white tip on a few of the feathers.
I hope to have muscovies later on if my swap eggs get shipped and hatch for me. Fingers crossed. I'm sorry it happened to you. I got a set of chicken eggs that turned out to be mutts:( I bought them because they were being sold as rare purebreds and she had a good rating and photos of all the different breeds and it said all the breeds were kept in their own pens but from the eggs that wasn't the case:(

Quote:
Thanks for the pics...cute bunch you have there! The bottom pic of yours does look a lot like these little guys. I wish I had room to keep them because I think I've got a pair--one is very noisy and the other is very quiet so I'm thinking a girl & a boy?

Quote:
Sorry about your mutts...that sucks!
sad.png
What breeds were you hoping for? Any ideas on what the crosses may be? Yeah, I'm thinking black swedish or cayuga now....they sure are small, though...but maybe not...because I've only got big ol' muscovies to compare them to!
smile.png

Quote:
Sorry about your mutts...that sucks!
sad.png
What breeds were you hoping for? Any ideas on what the crosses may be? Yeah, I'm thinking black swedish or cayuga now....they sure are small, though...but maybe not...because I've only got big ol' muscovies to compare them to!
smile.png

I was hoping for Phoenix, Sumatra, ameraucanas, Aurcanas, Showgirls, and Cream Brabanter. Instead I got a Phoenix mutt and a Arcauna mutt. The rest didn't hatch:( I call them both EEs. The one has the long wing feathers but green legs and is just a plain dark reddish brown color. The other has no tail, tufts, and cochin feather feet. They are my first ever hatch so they have a home with me but that wasn't my point in purchasing those eggs. P.S. I horrid at spelling.

Back
Top Bottom