Mystery ducks off on eBay! (got the wrong breed!)

cayugas are beautiful- wonder why she didn't offer to send you the right kind of eggs- maybe the others had stopped laying. But it is great that the seller made good. I messed up once selling eggs on ebay- I sold 6 ( but I sent 14) and one that hatched was an OEGB not a silkie. I messed up.I offered a second set but the buyser was satisfied- just wanted to know WHAT it was- others hatched as well.I was happy something hatched- they went from me in SC to him in UT in Feb. The cold plus the long trip had me concerned that none would make it.

Yeah, I told her I wanted blue muscovies and she said they were done laying for this year...I then asked to be on a "waiting" list for them but she'd already refunded my money. I don't have the room for another breed of duck (although they are kind of cute--but just as messy as any other duck and NOISY!) I'll probably be selling them, once I figure out how to sex them.

Quote:
I edited it, slightly...

Good for you.
And, don't misunderstand me, I am sure this was very disappointing for you, and I would have been miffed myself....

Susan

Thanks. I know what you mean. I've been a member of eBay for 8 or more years now and **knocks on wood** this is the ONE & ONLY time I've gotten the complete wrong breed. I've gotten birds that weren't as nice as they were supposed to, mean, small, poor genetics, but never the wrong breed! What disappoints me the most is that I was sooo looking forward to my little blues and now I have almost become attached to these little quackers...but I don't have any place for them. I only have one duck pen and I don't want mutts. Plus, my muscovy drake would probably kill them...they are so tiny compared to my 'scovies....sighs.

Back
Top Bottom