Mystery Eggs - Broody Hatch-A-Long

I hope the little guy makes it. I’m at work, so I can’t do anything

Attachments

• D4B07314-3289-40D5-B193-81DBBECA8C8A.jpeg
    D4B07314-3289-40D5-B193-81DBBECA8C8A.jpeg
    492.9 KB · Views: 9
Miss Prissy accidentally crushed some of the shell on the egg of a chick that was in the middle of hatching. There’s some blood, but it doesn’t look like a lot. I kept my incubator running, so I moved it there. The chick is still alive

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Hopefully she will be ready by the time you get home from work. :fl

The poor thing is chirping up a storm, but I don’t think it’s able to turn. I think the membrane is drying out

The opening looks quite large so I'm sure it was very close to being ready to hatch and yes, I imagine the membrane is dried and sticking to it. If there was enough blood that will also dry and glue the chick in. I had a chick pip through a big blood vessel once that got stuck from dried blood (not common for this to happen if anyone reads that and panics, lol).

The opening looks quite large so I'm sure it was very close to being ready to hatch and yes, I imagine the membrane is dried and sticking to it. If there was enough blood that will also dry and glue the chick in. I had a chick pip through a big blood vessel once that got stuck from dried blood (not common for this to happen if anyone reads that and panics, lol).
Do you think it’ll be okay until I get home? I usually get off work anywhere from 9 to 9:30

Do you think it’ll be okay until I get home? I usually get off work anywhere from 9 to 9:30
It's honestly too hard for me to make that determination without having seen it beforehand and guesstimating how close it was to being ready but from your description of all the chirping that's usually when they're stuck. Any chance you could go home on your lunch break to check on it?

It's honestly too hard for me to make that determination without having seen it beforehand and guesstimating how close it was to being ready but from your description of all the chirping that's usually when they're stuck. Any chance you could go home on your lunch break to check on it?
Not really, I don’t really have a “lunch break”. Any break I get is when things are slow, I work at a gas station. It’s quiet now, but it’s moving around some. Still in the same place.

0E17CA42-48C8-49AF-BA53-E4EA4A6412C7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom