Mystery illness?

LottyC

Hatching
May 31, 2021
I got my chickens in the beginning of May and after a few days, I noticed one of them was breathing strangely. I contacted the woman who I bought them from and she said it was most likely a respiratory infection. I treated them all with antibiotics for 10 days but nothing seemed to change. I thought she had gotten slightly better but that might have just been wishful thinking. I then suggested maybe it could be gapeworm and she said its a possibility. So I wormed them all. Its been a few days since the end of the worming course and she still isn't right. Her breathing is cracking, she's had a small amount of discharge from her nose, I've seen bubbles in most of their eyes and fairly frequent sneezing from all of them. What's next? What can I do now? I remember hearing about some kind of throat paralysis where the chicken was breathing the same way, but I cant remember what is was called. Any suggestions?

I got my chickens in the beginning of May and after a few days, I noticed one of them was breathing strangely. I contacted the woman who I bought them from and she said it was most likely a respiratory infection. I treated them all with antibiotics for 10 days but nothing seemed to change. I thought she had gotten slightly better but that might have just been wishful thinking. I then suggested maybe it could be gapeworm and she said its a possibility. So I wormed them all. Its been a few days since the end of the worming course and she still isn't right. Her breathing is cracking, she's had a small amount of discharge from her nose, I've seen bubbles in most of their eyes and fairly frequent sneezing from all of them. What's next? What can I do now? I remember hearing about some kind of throat paralysis where the chicken was breathing the same way, but I cant remember what is was called. Any suggestions?
Can you post pictures of some of worst birds affected?
What antibiotic did you use?
The best ones for CRD are Tylan (tylosin) and Denagard (tiamulin).

Back
Top Bottom