Mystery Peacock, anyone know what kind he is?

It is a blackshoulder hen but to me it look like it has spalding low percentage in it so that make it a spalding BS hen that why so much color in the neck. The white male is not the father of it. You said they came from a bird rescue so it had to be breed before it got there by another male. If the white male would have been the daddy she would have white flight feather. Anytime you breed a white to a color bird all chicks will show white flights.

Well, I thought it was a hen in the picture but i'm no pea expert and a long time ago I learned it's better to let people think your dumb then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Quote:
Are you hinting at something
lau.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

No, no

I wasn't directing that to anybody other than myself! I don't care if somebody wants to make a fool of themselfs but I don't want to be the one. I can tell you much about turkeys, guineas, chickens and quail but I am new to peafowl and have a bunch to learn but when this thred was posted and I saw the pic before anybody had responded yet I said to my self, "that looks like a hen to me" but as soon as I would have posted thet, the torches and pitchforks would come out!
hide.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

No, no

I wasn't directing that to anybody other than myself! I don't care if somebody wants to make a fool of themselfs but I don't want to be the one. I can tell you much about turkeys, guineas, chickens and quail but I am new to peafowl and have a bunch to learn but when this thred was posted and I saw the pic before anybody had responded yet I said to my self, "that looks like a hen to me" but as soon as I would have posted thet, the torches and pitchforks would come out!
hide.gif

I studied peacoks and thought that was a BS peacock, then once people posted pics I saw that it was not a peacock and it was peahen.
I make a fool of myself allot but I do it so much that I am just used to it.
lau.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

No, no

hide.gif

No I meant that I kind of made a fool of myself on BYC a few days ago
wink.png

Quote:
Good point Doug, couldn't see any white flights......yes plus she could have been fertile from a male up to 3 weeks before.

I think my yearling is a boy, maybe just not a very pretty one. I just candled the eggs that the peahen who was alone with him and the small white yearling laid and they have babies in 3/5 and there was even movement in one. There were not any chickens or any other birds (not even a sparrow can get in) in the pen and I don't own any male peacocks (yet, going to pick up a mature pair Sunday, yay!) So it had to be the one that looks like a black shoulder hen or the smaller white yearling.

Back
Top Bottom