Mystery Roo

welsummer is the only one that seems close. not all pic i have seen have the gold tip wing. RK was also selling EE as americauna so could be from a not so great hatchery.
I’ve seen a few “welsummers” online that were actually other breeds such as black copper marans or New Hampshire reds. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for online images to be mislabeled.

Your rooster looks like an Asian black to me: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...sia-black-chicken-breed.1077212/post-17783959. @Rhodebar Lover what do you think?

I’ve seen a few “welsummers” online that were actually other breeds such as black copper marans or New Hampshire reds. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for online images to be mislabeled.

Your rooster looks like an Asian black to me: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...sia-black-chicken-breed.1077212/post-17783959. @Rhodebar Lover what do you think?
8D5BA296-96F6-4B5F-9C16-8C2AD3DBADDB.jpeg

i weighed him he is 9#. He doesn't have the gray green feet of asian black and he is larger. he definitely looks like yours but didn't look like the hatcheries photo.

Asian blacks are hybrids, so won’t all have the same foot color. That isn’t my picture.
the Black copper marans mentioned also look about the same. their weight range is a little higher so it is closer to what he weighs. He is easily double the size of my other chickens. i do remember RK was also selling marans. Oh... I was supposed to also have a midnight majesty which is bred from copper marans. i never considered he could be a variant of that because my midnight maj hen is solid black

the Black copper marans mentioned also look about the same. their weight range is a little higher so it is closer to what he weighs. He is easily double the size of my other chickens. i do remember RK was also selling marans. Oh... I was supposed to also have a midnight majesty which is bred from copper marans. i never considered he could be a variant of that because my midnight maj hen is solid black
Midnight majesty maran roosters are a different color (barred). Purebred black coppers would have white legs, not yellow.

Back
Top Bottom