lilroohomestead

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I have a rooster that I cannot identify what he is crossed with. I only have one photo of him right now. It is not a great picture. I found at a boat launch near my house. I was going to go fishing but I caught him and brought him home instead. He has been named 'King Midus'. Now King is very flighty and I assume was never handled by people at all. I will try to get more detailed photo soon, but its raining, ugh!

Description:
He is about 6lbs, and Im estimating age is between 6-8 months old. Has the starting of spurs.
Blue/Slate colored legs, clean legs.
Black spangled pattern on his chest and underside.
Single comb and no muffs or beard.
Black and gold flight feathers.

I hope the description helps!

IMG_20200302_122241656_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200302_105902436.jpg
IMG_20200303_145414371_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200303_145521220_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
I have a rooster that I cannot identify what he is crossed with. I only have one photo of him right now. It is not a great picture. I found at a boat launch near my house. I was going to go fishing but I caught him and brought him home instead. He has been named 'King Midus'. Now King is very flighty and I assume was never handled by people at all. I will try to get more detailed photo soon, but its raining, ugh!

Description:
He is about 6lbs, and Im estimating age is between 6-8 months old. Has the starting of spurs.
Blue/Slate colored legs, clean legs.
Black spangled pattern on his chest and underside.
Single comb and no muffs or beard.
Black and gold flight feathers.

I hope the description helps!

View attachment 2040795View attachment 2040796View attachment 2040991View attachment 2040992
I have found the mix finally, thank you for the information, everyone! He is a Buff Orpington x Dominique Cross! Here is a link for comparison.
http://leethechickensguy.yolasite.com/
scroll little ways down and there is a photo of two roosters called 'Checkers and Fire Ball'.

I have found the mix finally, thank you for the information, everyone! He is a Buff Orpington x Dominique Cross! Here is a link for comparison.
http://leethechickensguy.yolasite.com/
scroll little ways down and there is a photo of two roosters called 'Checkers and Fire Ball'.
The roosters on that website aren't BO x Dominique crosses. They have pea combs, while BOs have single combs and Dominiques have rose combs. Rose x single can't produce pea combs. Also, if that was the case, the buff rooster on the website and your rooster would have barring from the Dominique.

Back
Top Bottom