Mystery's Hatch Along: New Breed, plus extras.

Pick Egg Color Team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
Do you just take one egg out at a time during lockdown candle quickly & put back? Once a day? Starting day 18?
They're(One at a time) out for few minutes, so I can get a good look, & then put back.

Yes, starting day 18, or 16. Depending when I begin lockdown.

It's a few times a day, spaced within hours of each candling.

They're(One at a time) out for few minutes, so I can get a good look, & then put back.

Yes, starting day 18, or 16. Depending when I begin lockdown.

It's a few times a day, spaced within hours of each candling.
Never had an issue with shrink wrap or other things people warn about? Do you keep them at exactly the same level they were laying at in the incubator with air cell up? I would be so nervous.

Never had an issue with shrink wrap or other things people warn about? Do you keep them at exactly the same level they were laying at in the incubator with air cell up? I would be so nervous.
Only shrink Wrapping issue I had in the incubator was when my mom failed to add water to the incubator during the morning as chicks were hatching. The shrink wrapping process takes several hours of low humidity to actually happen, like between 12 - 24rs, running dry.

My eggs are turned/rolled, on their sides, & remain on their sides when on lockdown, but without the turning.

Only shrink Wrapping issue I had in the incubator was when my mom failed to add water to the incubator during the morning as chicks were hatching. The shrink wrapping process takes several hours of low humidity to actually happen, like between 12 - 24rs, running dry.

My eggs are turned/rolled, on their sides, & remain on their sides when on lockdown, but without the turning.
Thank you so much for taking all this time to explain!

Progress, so far:

1, Malay/possible Mix is almost internally pipped, seems like it will be in a few more hours. Sometimes they take longer, then they look like they're going to take.

1, Malay/possible Mix is shadowing it's aircell.

2, EEs are close to internally pipping.

1, EE is shadowing it's aircell.

2, Barnyard mixes are shadowing.

Progress, so far:

1, Malay/possible Mix is almost internally pipped, seems like it will be in a few more hours. Sometimes they take longer, then they look like they're going to take.

1, Malay/possible Mix is shadowing it's aircell.

2, EEs are close to internally pipping.

1, EE is shadowing it's aircell.

2, Barnyard mixes are shadowing.
What all does that mean exactly?

Back
Top Bottom