Mystic Onyx - tail feathers

Krissy77

Chirping
Jul 6, 2021
I have 2 mystic onyx pullets. I got them back in March. It’s crazy how different the two look from each other but yet similar in the same sentence. This is just one of them. She has two tail feathers sticking out on each side of her tail. Is this normal for the breed? They have been like that for a while now & the other pullet doesn’t have anything like this.

Attachments

• CE8A0DE2-1149-4EA7-9DE1-C8AFFE3C59F1.jpeg
    CE8A0DE2-1149-4EA7-9DE1-C8AFFE3C59F1.jpeg
    570.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 9ED680B0-39D6-4249-A040-323DEC2E9DAC.jpeg
    9ED680B0-39D6-4249-A040-323DEC2E9DAC.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 58
They're not really a breed so much as a designer mutt (they don't consistently hatch similar enough to be called a breed). But I don't see why the tail would be detrimental to her so it's likely fine

They're not really a breed so much as a designer mutt (they don't consistently hatch similar enough to be called a breed). But I don't see why the tail would be detrimental to her so it's likely fine
Ok! I figured it was just a characteristic of her. I guess I should have worded my first post differently. Lol! I knew these weren’t necessarily a “breed” and simply a composite of other breeds. I just didn’t know where this tail characteristic came from. :)

Ok! I figured it was just a characteristic of her. I guess I should have worded my first post differently. Lol! I knew these weren’t necessarily a “breed” and simply a composite of other breeds. I just didn’t know where this tail characteristic came from. :)
It's likely a throwback from one of the breeds that they used. I only know of silkies, but they might have used Cochin too

Back
Top Bottom