Myths of quail egg health benefits

maycwindu

Songster
8 Years
Jul 26, 2014
I've heard this from several folk, that quail eggs contain as much protein and nutrients as a chicken egg.

Quail egg nutrient composition is a bit different than that of a chicken egg (higher yolk ratio). However, these small eggs being decadently packed with protein is false. I'm curious, have others heard this rumor, too?

I've also heard that quail eggs have anti allergy symptoms. Evidently there are egg derived supplements that can be taken to treat allergies. I'm curious, has anyone here noted that quail eggs reduce their allergy symptoms?

Any other interesting tidbits about quail eggs?

I've heard this from several folk, that quail eggs contain as much protein and nutrients as a chicken egg.
Could this be on a per-weight basis? Something like 5 quail eggs to 1 chicken egg, or whatever it takes to weigh the same?

A little bit of googling seems to support that explanation: for the same number of ounces, quail eggs have about the same amount of protein and other nutrients that chicken eggs do.

Could this be on a per-weight basis? Something like 5 quail eggs to 1 chicken egg, or whatever it takes to weigh the same?

A little bit of googling seems to support that explanation: for the same number of ounces, quail eggs have about the same amount of protein and other nutrients that chicken eggs do.
Yeah, the nutrient profile of 1 chicken egg (50 grams) and 5 quail eggs (1 quail egg being 10 grams) is very similar.

It's just I've heard this claim that 1 quail egg = protein content of 1 chicken egg which is crazy

https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/172191/nutrients

Screenshot_20220301-203159.png

I've actually been studying this for years... there are amazing research findings! A paper out of Scotland a few years ago had some pretty remarkable things to say about the health benefits overall. Protein especially has been studied extensively.

As to allergies, I'm living proof. I've gone from landing in the hospital with intense allergic reactions to pollen, to not even having to think about it, and I didn't know about this when I started raising them so I'm not having placebo results.

It's worth doing the research, there are papers published all over the world and America is sadly way behind on this.

I've done a lot of reading on quail eggs vs chicken eggs. From what I've found from reputable sources (universites for the most part), quail eggs are higher in bad cholesterol than chicken eggs, but are not harmful as long as you aren't eating a ton of them every day. Their nutrition content is different, which isn't inherently good or bad. Weight for weight, they are comparable in calorie and protein content to chicken eggs.

If you are allergic to chicken eggs, you may not be allergic to quail or duck eggs.

I've read mixed on the allergy benefits. There has been a decent amount of success in medical trials with extractions from quail eggs, but the doses are higher than you would get from just eating a healthy amount of eggs.

I have observed absolutely no change with regard to allergies. After eating quail eggs almost exclusively for a few years my allergy symptoms have remained pretty significant (food and pollen).

I thought the yolk to white ratio of quail eggs was a little higher and that is the reason for the higher nutrition profile, but that could be a myth too.

This is unrelated to health benefits, but I have heard that quail will lay the same pattern on their eggs every time. I find this hard to believe as the eggs are pretty different-looking. Is it true?

This is unrelated to health benefits, but I have heard that quail will lay the same pattern on their eggs every time. I find this hard to believe as the eggs are pretty different-looking. Is it true?
They will lay the same general pattern. No two eggs will be exactly the same, but you will learn to recognize eggs from a certain hen if you look.

Back
Top Bottom