N.E. Chickenstock 2011!!!!!! Who's up for it??

Ooo! I'm interested! I didn't realize that this is only about an hour and a half from where I live. I should have weekends off from work so I'm going to try and make it!

I probably won't be buying or selling too much, but I may have some call duck eggs and possibly a couple doves. If I will definitely be attending, I will let you know what I can bring food wise!

Yaaaaaaaaay Lauren! See you there!
big_smile.png

As it approaches I will list some birdies to see if anyone wants me to bring them..I do have a great Bantam Buff Cochin Roo from Tom Roebuck I was going to put in auction next week.
If anyone wanted to up the quality in there Buffs or make some cool mixed colors. Maybe some pairs of Marans.

Does anyone have any Delawares? May be interested in Marans as well. I was hoping to be able to get some that my boys can show in 4-H. All of our chickens are hatchery stock right now. Though we love them they aren't show quality at all. I know Marans aren't APA though. We need a breed that is going to beat out the 1 kid who usually wins with his seramas. He comes to our open show and usually wins with his seramas and call ducks. Any suggestions?

Quote:
lau.gif
Ooooh thats a good idea!! When we have our kids birthday party, I should give out all our extra roos as party favors! Come to the party, go home with a rooster!
lau.gif

I'm still not certain if we will be able to make it. Both my kids birthdays are the week before so I am not sure when we are having the big family party yet. Have to see what everyones work schedules are also. But I really hope we can come, I know the kids would have a great time, me too!

Last edited:
Quote:
Spoken like a true "show Mom"
lau.gif
lol.png

Well, are you only interested in standard size birds?

Not against bantam breeds. We have 3 bantam roos right now. 2 are mixed breeds and 1 is an OEGB, but he has white ear lobes which I've read was because he is a hatchery bird. I think I'd prefer standard, because we've been doing pretty well selling the larger sized eggs and especially brown ones. I can't get over that people think "brown eggs are better".
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom