N. FL. Trained LGD for Poultry: AnatolianX

Araucana Nest

FreeBird
Aug 14, 2020
North Central Florida
I've had this girl back for over a year. She was the last pup born in my very last litter (May 2020). Surrendered back to me due to a divorce. Parents are mine. Mom: Anatolian. Dad: Kangal x Boz

She is safe with chickens and ducks and has been free and unsupervised at night with mine for several months. My chickens free range rotationally during the day and she has been with them outside of their coops. At night all the chickens are locked up and she patrols the property alone. When by accident a duck or chicken(s) has been loose at night, she hasn't bothered them. She's a very good nocturnal guardian which is what she has been doing here but she's also loose during the day for shorter times. Vigilant and discerning. Rarely barks so I know when she is alerting to something close. Learns who belongs and who doesn't belong. Guards aerial predators too. She's killed armadillos which is about the only unfortunate critter that mistakenly enters anymore. Very confident and independent but also loving. Such a good girl. Really deserves her own family. I'm spread thin with five others but not desperate. My bestie is recovering from ligament injury so this girl , I call her Fireball, is doing the work of my alpha at her young age. She was born a leader. I just know she deserves her own humans.

Seeking a daytime inside/ nighttime outside home. Her biggest behavior issue is that she digs dens. I think she does it to get cool. I can't have her inside with my other dogs- they don't get along. But honestly, she doesn't dig the area she patrols, about a 5 acre fenced part where my house and the chickens are. She only digs during the day in her fenced paddock. That's why I think it's to get cool. Her 2nd behavior issue is that she is dominant. No other females and males should be confident. She is not spayed.

Her positive attributes include that she is a very loyal dog. She'd absolutely thrive with a family or devoted individual. She's incredibly intuitive and affectionate. Smart. Already housebroken and socialized. About 100 pounds. 2 years old. Not spayed. Very quiet heats; I don't even know when she is in heat. Doesn't roam or try to dig out or jump out. Questions welcome. She must be picked up in north Florida. No 3rd party transport.

Not free. A lot of time and money has gone into rehabilitating her to the point where she is safe and trustworthy with chickens and ducks from day one.

Do you have a picture of her?
Does she get along with small dogs? We have one old Jack Russell and a tiny Chihuahua (not useful against predators, lol).
1 fenced acre under trees with covered porch for hanging out on, and AC inside.

Do you have a picture of her?
Does she get along with small dogs? We have one old Jack Russell and a tiny Chihuahua (not useful against predators, lol).
1 fenced acre under trees with covered porch for hanging out on, and AC inside.
This is Fireball. Taken several months ago when north florida was still "cold". I don't know about getting along with small dogs. All of my dogs are extra large
:)

Attachments

• F00CE97F-FBB2-4D4E-ACF3-2E90385B7C7A.jpeg
    F00CE97F-FBB2-4D4E-ACF3-2E90385B7C7A.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 6
Just a PSA: I've decided to keep her. She's very special and I'll most likely regret letting her go, even to the best of homes. Unable to delete post or edit op.
Thank you for the update. Your post says it all, she's not up for grabs anymore:)

I'm sure she is very special and she'll have a great life with you.

Back
Top Bottom