Nag, nag, nag

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
I made a post last week about my using peat moss as a bedding for my ten chicks. Somebody mentioned peat moss' being dusty. I said it was not that bad. Seems the words "not that bad" are relative because Anne is starting to complain about dust in the living room, with its being on the dining room table, the carpet, ... (ad nauseum). She is nagging me to get the coop finished and get the chicks out of the living room. NAG! NAG! NAG!

I have turkeys in my living room
big_smile.png

We kept our chicks in one of the bathtubs. It was our main one (my son uses our shower rather than this tub), so when ever friends came over and had to use the facilities, they got to visit the chickes! My son's friends love to see what's in the tub - there's been chicks, koi, and water hycanths at one time or another. You never know what you'll find
big_smile.png
Currently, nothing, but gearing up for some more chicks
tongue.png

Liz

I got news for you, that dust is from the chicks, not the peat moss. You get it no matter what kind of bedding you use. Not so good in the room with the computer!

I have 4 chicks, 2 geese, 3 call ducks, and a pair of pigeons in my living room, but this afternoon, after the new pens are done, I'll only have the chicks, but there will be one more, because one is hatching as we speak!! Only problem here is hubby keeps lecturing me about building the pens THEN buying more animals...but if I did it that way, the pens would never be built cause he thinks I have enough already....crazy isnt he?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom