NAIS/Premise ID and buying from hatcheries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank the good Lord and our Consitution they don't have half a million..
Whats wrong is people still have thier head in the sand on this one.. and the USDA is still spending millions in grants (coffs.. pay offs) to get this one through by superceeding legistlation.

I just can't figure out what to do to oppose it....I've called all the senators and other people, but so many people have no clue....I mention it and people are like, What???

Last year I rode my Longhorn steer across Iowa to educate people about NAIS. I was on the news in every town, radio more times then I can count, every news paper etc.. I was even at the capital building with a full grown LONGHORN steer!!!

Are you sitting down..

This year the 4-H and FFA mandated that all KIDS have to register thier PARENTS property as a premise in order to show hogs in the state of Iowa..
NO ONE knew what it was...

So ya.. I feel for ya.

I think forums like this, forwarding e-mails etc does more for education than anything. However then after people get educated they can't just sit around the table and complain, they have to form local groups, get thier country to pass a resolution agaisn't it, and then call, not e-mail thier state reps.. and also write letters.. not e-mails.. have those letters on file at the state offices.. call and talk to the ag reps for the state reps.. tell them you don't want it. (they will play smarter than they are with you too)
I did a live radio show with Sen Grassley of Iowa and ask how he felt about the NAIS basterdising the consitution of this country his responce was "whats NAIS" of couse on live raido I laughed and said "you gotta be kidding me"
I have since refused to do live shows LOL..

Last edited by a moderator:
do u know of anyplace I can get free brochures and pamphlets against NAIS??? I would love to get something going!!!

BTW, u might want to take that word out of ur post and put you gotta be poopin' me instead...Just an FYI....
lau.gif

Last edited:
Darol Dickenson has some stuff on www.naissucks.com and Liberty Ark has some, and nonais.com also has some to down load and print. Darol is an old rancher and is pretty to the point.. I like his stuff.. but ckeck them out and see what you like. I have a CD I make and give out at meetings. I can send you one if you like.

Sorry about the direct quote.. I shortened it.

I received a e-mail today about this thread from a well advertised hatchery.. They stated the following.

"We are enrolled in NAIS, and it will be hard to find a reputable business that is not enrolled in NAIS."

I think most people feel Murray McMurray is reputable. They came out with a public statement this year saying they would refuse to register any of their premises due to the fact that, if they did, they would be putting their customers that did not wish to register at risk of trickle down NAIS. They upheld the constitution, they looked after their customers, and received many, many phone calls and letters of thanks and gratitude from people that don't even own chickens as well as long time customers that were grateful they stood up for the rights of the customer.

The above statement from an un-named hatchery that is well advertised and known.. is an example of how uninformed even those in the business can be, and how easy it is to bend over, rather then stand up for your customers.
I haven't ordered from McMurray in over 10yrs.. but I did this year, just to make an order. Just to support them. I will order something.. anything, from them from now on, every year as long as they are NAIS free. Just to say thank you, and I will include a letter of thanks with my order.. Even if its just 11.00 worth of leghorn fryers.. its something to give back to the hatchery that fought for MY right to farm.

J

Last edited:
I heard a guy on the radio telling what he saw at the 2007 Colorado state fair. There was a girl who's calf had won a 4H event but just as they were about to award her officials stepped up to revoke the award because her family had not registered with NIAS. It was obviously an attempt to publicly humiliate her as an example for not complying with this new rule. Other entrants were also expelled for the same reason at the fair but under less dramatic circumstances. There was such a backlash that the Colorado State legislature had to put limits on NIAS requirements for 4H exhibitors at the state fair.

These NIAS schemers are trying to come at us from every direction.

Im in touch with people in CO fighting this.. and yes, they are using kids.. kids that don't own property, to superceed legistlation and register thier parents property as a premise. NAIS is voluntary on the fedral level, so what the USDA has done is pay off states, giving what they call "grants" to states like CO, IN, IA and others. They also paid.. Im sorry .. gave a "grant" to ..Tyson foods to not except any hogs or animals that didn't come from a "premise"
What this means is if you read your 4-H or FFA hand books there is nothing requiring premise ID.. the state can't ask for it.. however becuse the buyer.. Tyson.. required it, the fairs in what is called the "fair project" also took huge sums of money to require the fair goes meet the buyers needs.
This is VERY illegal and superseeds fedral legistation stating that premise ID is voluntary. The USDA has lied, and played this game as unfairly as they can.. and the sad part if.. they got away with it and used OUR tax dollars to do it.

by fedral law the answer to that question is no. However due to loop holes that the USDA made illegaly.. yes, they are. by stating that you have knowlage that when you partisipate in programs like scrapies you will be automaticly registered (even if they forget to tell you that) you are in a trickle down NAIS program and yes, you are registered with out your consent or knowlage. That is why I posted the info on how to get out of it in an above post.
You can and should do this if nothing else to send a message to the USDA that you will not allow this behaviour in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom