1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I read that in Backyard Poultry.

That NAIS is the dumbest thing I have ever heard off. All they want to do is stop all of the farmers who sell chickens, that way the big business can take over.

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I agree with SDWF it is dumb!

3. Mr_Jeff

Mr_Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Durand, MI
    Write your congressman. Once big brother is done screwing around with a voluntary system things could get scary in this country. It always makes me nervous when big business and government are telling me what's good for me.

4. chickypoo

chickypoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Colorado
    NAIS should go right out the window. I don't care if it is under the guise of trying to keep food safe there is nothing in there that is going to make life better for small farms. Stop NAIS now!

5. EliteTempleton

EliteTempleton Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    SW MI
    Yay for the winning of a battle, the war is not over, but when it comes to individual rights it never is...

This reminds me, I wanted to add the no NAIS link to my signature block.

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

This conversation shouldn't even get started. Its been discussed and argued for a few years now.... I've seen it get out of hand way too often.

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh boy! Another NAIS thread. Be forewarned, this could get ugly! I started a thread back in April, because NAIS was something that was new to me and being pushed on me by the state when I called to get some help for my chicks. I have since learned a whole lot about the NAIS and there is absolutely not one thing about it that would be of any benefit for the little man/small farmer. It would just be one more way for our freedoms and privacy to be taken away. Nobody has the right to come onto my property and seize and destroy my animals because Joe Blow's animals three miles away are sick. The NAIS is NOT a good thing. [​IMG] I wonder how long this program will be suspended for? Let's all hope forever!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  8. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Good thing or not as of Sept. 30th it is here. It was fully funded in the new farm bill but those sly devils in DC are calling it the C.O.O.L. program. Country of Origin Labeling. Most I have heard about is the cattle market and haven't heard about poultry yet.

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:You have it where you are. Are they comming out to microchip your animals? I wouldnt let them near my animals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by