Naked Neck/Turken Thread

image1 (5).jpeg

This is my little Naked Neck Bean! She's a cutie.

I’m SO excited about my new babies!
I have 6 new NN chicks!
They’re straight run and I really hope I luck out with mostly pullets.
Now does anyone have any idea what color they’ll end up being?
I tried to get all different looking ones.
View attachment 1316762 View attachment 1316763 View attachment 1316766 View attachment 1316768 View attachment 1316772 View attachment 1316778
Congrats! And whatever colors they turn out to be they will be awesome! :wee:ya:woot

Added my two white NN hens to the Bresse pen Wednesday night. In a couple weeks I'll be putting some eggs in the incubator! That's 6 Bresse hens and 2 NN hens under 2 Bresse roosters. So 1/4 chance of NNxBresse and the rest will be pure Bresse.
I don't think I'll be setting any eggs from the black NN pen this time around, I have enough from the Feb 1st hatch right now. All the other eggs I'll be setting will be from other sources. Some Dorkings from DesertChic and some Marans and Orpingtons I'll be getting from Kansas, and then whatever I may get from a spring egg swap I signed up for. This is gonna be a very exciting hatch!View attachment 1309536 View attachment 1309537 View attachment 1309538

OMG! I haven't even hatched these ones out from you yet that are due on Thursday, and now you are wanting to make me want to get some more of those? :love

OMG! I haven't even hatched these ones out from you yet that are due on Thursday, and now you are wanting to make me want to get some more of those? :love
I told you I was gonna do it!! You had warning! :p These are gonna be totally different parentage, though. Your's are Bresse hens under Remmy, my blue wheaten NN that came from DesertChic. These new ones are gonna be my white hen that came out of the ebay/eclipse hatch chicks, and the one white Transylvania girl that came with those buff girls, under two Bresse roosters. So they'll be totally unrelated to the ones I brought you.

I told you I was gonna do it!! You had warning! :p These are gonna be totally different parentage, though. Your's are Bresse hens under Remmy, my blue wheaten NN that came from DesertChic. These new ones are gonna be my white hen that came out of the ebay/eclipse hatch chicks, and the one white Transylvania girl that came with those buff girls, under two Bresse roosters. So they'll be totally unrelated to the ones I brought you.

Ok, my arm has been twisted! :yesss: Want to know something funny what happened this evening? My next door neighbor Pam was talking to me over the fence and glanced at my run. She said "those are sure big white birds over there". I had to tell her that they were still babies. :gig

Ok, my arm has been twisted! :yesss: Want to know something funny what happened this evening? My next door neighbor Pam was talking to me over the fence and glanced at my run. She said "those are sure big white birds over there". I had to tell her that they were still babies. :gig
They're gonna be big, be prepared! Their daddy Remmy is a big boy. Almost as big as the Jersey Giant cockerel I've got. :D

Back
Top Bottom