Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Can t remember if I shared this one here. A close up! I want to keep this once. I thought it was going to be all white.. the rooster would have that all white gene. Now it is getting some grey coloring on the wings. Honey is all buff? Desert, any of your birds have the grey/brown in them?
IMG_20180316_045523_335.jpg

Can t remember if I shared this one here. A close up! I want to keep this once. I thought it was going to be all white.. the rooster would have that all white gene. Now it is getting some grey coloring on the wings. Honey is all buff? Desert, any of your birds have the grey/brown in them? View attachment 1301087

Honey does carry both silver and barring, and there was plenty of silver in her sire.

Can t remember if I shared this one here. A close up! I want to keep this once. I thought it was going to be all white.. the rooster would have that all white gene. Now it is getting some grey coloring on the wings. Honey is all buff? Desert, any of your birds have the grey/brown in them? View attachment 1301087

Looks like a little old lady with attitude:gig

Looking for some advice if our black naked neck is a hen or a rooster. I thought I would ask as a few signs started to show, however, I'm still new to this so I figured I'd ask you guys.
53FE2218-34AE-47C7-AD29-9E31749A6D1E.jpeg
81AB1B42-76EB-40DD-B4A2-A13E9D12535D.jpeg

I suck at candling, tried some last night but been only 5 days, didn't look too promising, seen one with maybe I see veins... Maybe I'm being negative but with a rooster swap, naked neck hens with jersey giant roo no big deal, except for the big dummy, thought he would be better in their coop roost is only a foot high (roost in his coop was high but a few roosts to get to it) and they should have low roosts , he ended up with frost bit feet.... wtf.... my favorite bestest roo that never had much frostbite even on his comb... went out late night and saw he was setting on the ground..why? all the girls on the roost.. it's right there.. threw a extra layer of sawdust in. Not super bad, don't think he'll lose any toes but still the big roo is favoring his feet, not sure how much jumping on hens he's doing. Still single digits here at night, and snow...
Naked neck roo thrown in giant girl coop, he got the crap beat out of him, only saw this with hens that had no roo, they did, maybe they didn't know he was a chicken IDK :lau
took a couple weeks and he survived, all good now.
All of them just recently just started laying, roo swap, not sure if eggs are good but have three dozen in bator anyway, see what happens.

IMG_20180310_135546.jpg
Looking for some advice if our black naked neck is a hen or a rooster. I thought I would ask as a few signs started to show, however, I'm still new to this so I figured I'd ask you guys. View attachment 1301886 View attachment 1301885
Are they both peacomb? It's kinda hard for me to tell from the pic, but if they are then it can be deceiving. If they are single comb and the comb is still that small then definitely girls. In the first pic I can even see the cushion saddle on the black one. Very nice looking little birds!!

Take a look at my white ones here: the one on the left is a girl and the other three are growing their combs out like boys. They're about 6 weeks old in this pic. The white one in the middle that has the bit of pattern on her feathers I was really hoping to be a girl, but is growing it's comb out like a boy.

View attachment 1302434
Are they both peacomb? It's kinda hard for me to tell from the pic, but if they are then it can be deceiving. If they are single comb and the comb is still that small then definitely girls. In the first pic I can even see the cushion saddle on the black one. Very nice looking little birds!!

Take a look at my white ones here: the one on the left is a girl and the other three are growing their combs out like boys. They're about 6 weeks old in this pic. The white one in the middle that has the bit of pattern on her feathers I was really hoping to be a girl, but is growing it's comb out like a boy.

A little history on the 2 in question... Both of the chicks that he is referring to are from out of my Blue Australorp roo, and your green egg laying NN girl. There were 3 chicks from that hatch, and I kept the blue one with a bigger straight comb. @mearpond bought those other 2 from me.

Back
Top Bottom