Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Anyone working on fibro naked necks? Planning next year to introduce a mosaic to my NN (haven't decided which sex for which yet) and maybe get some dark skinned ones

I heard that someone was going to try it, but I don't know if they succeeded or not. I think that if the fibro one is a rooster and it's put over a non-fibro hen, that when you do the hatch that it will be the pullet's that get the darker skin and such, but not the males (sort of like a sex link). You can try it though, and let us know how it turn's out for you.

I heard that someone was going to try it, but I don't know if they succeeded or not. I think that if the fibro one is a rooster and it's put over a non-fibro hen, that when you do the hatch that it will be the pullet's that get the darker skin and such, but not the males (sort of like a sex link). You can try it though, and let us know how it turn's out for you.
Well that would be useful. I'll probably do that then. I've got a hen homozygous so she'll be paired with a mosaic male then next year

Anyone working on fibro naked necks? Planning next year to introduce a mosaic to my NN (haven't decided which sex for which yet) and maybe get some dark skinned ones
There is a few on here that have them.
I had one that was a silkie jersey giant cross, then crossed with NN. One chick was pretty dark when it was little but it faded as it grew.

Pugsly had an adventure today. The shed they're in with the grow outs was too hot and I didn't have a fan (have one now) for it so everyone came outside.

She's a good girl, one of the easier ones to catch when I was putting everyone in stackers to keep them from wandering away by accident

20210518_175419.jpg
20210518_175407.jpg
20210518_175213.jpg

Also anyone know what her feather pattern is?

Pugsly had an adventure today. The shed they're in with the grow outs was too hot and I didn't have a fan (have one now) for it so everyone came outside.

She's a good girl, one of the easier ones to catch when I was putting everyone in stackers to keep them from wandering away by accident

View attachment 2677361View attachment 2677362View attachment 2677363

Also anyone know what her feather pattern is?

no idea about pattern but she can live with that beak as long as there is a deep dish with feed.

She already has a hard time eating mash and she's 9 weeks old and I will never have another scissorbeak after watching my last one wither away.
Not to mention her beak is getting worse almost by the day. 2 weeks ago it was just a slight misalignment and she could still close her beak to eat mini pellets and crumble

She already has a hard time eating mash and she's 9 weeks old and I will never have another scissorbeak after watching my last one wither away.

Since you said that you had another one that had the scissor-beak, it could be a genetic thing? I wouldn't let a scissor-beak breed, if it could pass on those genes.

Since you said that you had another one that had the scissor-beak, it could be a genetic thing? I wouldn't let a scissor-beak breed, if it could pass on those genes.
This is the one with scissorbeak I've been talking about. The last one I mentioned was from an injury when she was a chick, and she passed away a while ago. This one we'll be culling when our other culls are big enough to be worth using since we can't tell if this was a genetic or not since she came from a hatchery. She's not a pure NN anyhow from what I can tell (bib instead of bowtie and peacomb)

Back
Top Bottom