Naked Neck/Turken Thread

My youngest ones are growing so fast! At least 3 of the 5 somehow were from Atlas, and one looks just like him. Obviously he's one of the males. I have my mystery male in with my NNs now, and I'm debating either trying to keep a male in with the group or seperate with my other males so I can still get some NN from my naked neck girls and some Nns from my calico princess next year. I'm moving them soon to an area roughly 2x the size as what they have now, but it's still rather small to most people.

I tried to add a young female a few days ago and she kept flying out so she's gonna have to wait now to be with them until she's a bit larger and not as agile.

A few. Two hens out of my first batch from Cackle. And one big NN/JG cross. Had two hens from that hatch I was going to set eggs from but one died of unknown this winter and the other recently lost to a fox. I have one old JG hen still, decided I'd have to set her eggs it'd be Nn/nn and hope for some naked necks but she quit laying. I got one egg then nothing. Have to wait till spring I guess.

sorry for your loss. I hope you will have better luck next year.

Here's an update on my Naked Neck chicks - pretty sure 2 male and 2 female
3 are Roger and Cowgirl's (from @BlueBaby) , 1 is Roger and Gold Lace Wyandotte's
I see a little crest starting on one of Cowgirl's
20210913_183157.jpg
hard to see the spots on this one but she has a few black feathers coming in more and more like Cowgirl.
20210908_182444.jpg
Yes he has a wound on his neck- it has already healed nicely... (below)
20210908_182405.jpg
Roger and GLW cross... he is a week older than the others but he is HUGE... (below)
20210913_183653.jpg

Last edited:
3 are Roger and Cowgirl's (from @BlueBaby) , 1 is Roger and Gold Lace Wyandotte's
View attachment 2833116
hard to see the spots on this one but she has a few black feathers coming in more and more like Cowgirl.
View attachment 2833119
View attachment 2833120
Roger and GLW cross... he is a week older than the others but he is HUGE... (below)
View attachment 2833121
I kept trying to figure out what on earth was up with Roger/GLW cross' (last picture) vent 😂 That some serious mind games! Maybe I'm just tired. Now I only see the actual picture.
💜 Beautiful birds!

View attachment 2833116
View attachment 2833119
View attachment 2833120
View attachment 2833121
They are looking good! Yes, I see the little crest on that one. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom