Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Gorgeous birds and such great pictures!!!

2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Have been enjoying all the pics of everyone's birds.Wanted to show some pics of my new naked neck that I brought home last night from the local poultry auction.Just went to see what was selling and not planning to buy.Then I seen the naked neck with a crest,she did not look the best.But I had to have her because she was a crested naked neck and had really cool coloring.I plan to use her in my crested naked neck project.My 3 year old daughter named her buzz. So her is some pics of her.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  3. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    She is cool looking different then anyother I've seen, do you have any idea of her parentage????

4. Georgia Boy 1970

Pics of my f1 naked neck X red crested red polish pullet and my dark skinned blue naked neck pullet that I hatched from Dipsy Doodle Doo,she has a crest.I will be using her in my crested naked neck project.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Georgia Boy 1970

That is what I thought when I seen her.I paid $6 for her but could have gotten her cheaper I was the first bidder and went with what the auctioneer started with, just wanted to make sure I won the bid. I am thinking she might have some toppy game,easter egger and of course naked neck.But that is just my guess,hoping some others might chime in.

6. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Georgiaboy...she is really pretty! Very unique!!

7. Georgia Boy 1970

Thanks,right now she looks pitiful but she will fatten up and fill out.I knew she was unique when I seen her.Knew she had to go home with me.

8. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Just some random pics from today!

Sargent is going to be a good Dad just like his Dad is. He is only about 4 1/2 months old and helping to care for the chicks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    very unusual crest! I have never seen a crest like that- sticking up in the rear part of the cap.... cool bird!

she seems wheaten with Co...? will be a great bird for your polish NN project for sure but would be interesting to breed her son back with her to see if they produce more crests like hers.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  10. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California

responded before seeing this- toppy isn't a bad guess! our first chickens were Muffeds. I was wondering spitzhauben or brabanter- their crests are different from polish crests.. but toppy would be a great guess if she grows out big long tail feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by