Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I have never heard of an albino chicken. I wonder if it is lethal for them??
This is the closest I have to red eyes in my flock. The salmon Fav's have a red bay eye. Funny though, their eyes are green when they are chicks and then they change to this color as adults.

That red bay eye is pretty impressive.

The green eye doesn't show THAT well in these pics. (much greener in real life), but these birds are 2-3 years old.

And to get a bit closer to thread topic, these two are not NN, but the same eye colour is present in quite a few of them.

There are several different albino/albinistic mutations in chickens. They have varying degrees of 'lethality'- some highly so, some not particularly high. A common theme seems to be reduced survival in chicks due to poor vision.

A few pics from today

a couple of the hoodas

And Mensa I just love her coloring, I have a araucana male about her same age, but half the size his name is Ari, they are bossom buddies.

This is one of the rose combed black NN females I have 3 and can't tell them apart.

And Miss Priss, a spitz NN cross who KNOWS she's all that!!!! lol just love this pose

And the barred NN boy, no name yet.

A few pics from today

a couple of the hoodas

And Mensa I just love her coloring, I have a araucana male about her same age, but half the size his name is Ari, they are bossom buddies.

This is one of the rose combed black NN females I have 3 and can't tell them apart.

And Miss Priss, a spitz NN cross who KNOWS she's all that!!!! lol just love this pose

And the barred NN boy, no name yet.
Great looking birds.Of course I like the crested nn'sWhat is your plans for the crested nn girls?Gorgeous girls.Wish I could get my hands on a barred nn male like yours.I have some red nn pullets that I would like to pair with a barred nn rooster to get some red barred nn's.Of course I could use a black sex link male,but would prefer a barred nn. I let a red barred ckl. get by me at the poultry auction a few weeks back.

Kassaundra And I thought that your EE flock was great ! What fun you are having with your gardening and all those gorgeous birdies ! Are you thinking of adding a few goats and piggies to your "ranch/farm" ?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom